It was 1889 when the English colony of Florence founded the Florence Golf Club, the first italian golf association. It was founded in the Cascine area, then transferred to the Osmannoro area after the first world war. Between the 20’s and the 30’s the idea of creating a new golf course takes shape; in 1933 the Ugolino was realized on the Chiantigiana street on a project of the English architects Blandford and Gannon. A natural course, difficult, for differences in levels, the handicaps, the small and well defended green.
Considered one of the most suggestive natural golf course of the worls, it has been named among the 50 most beautiful golf course of the world by the American writer Chris Santella.